I’ve been missing the blog, so here I am, coming back with a smile on my face and lots of updates to share! Since I last posted, a multitude of things have happened. So much so, that I’m just going to opt out of articulating them in a flowing kind of way, and go straight for list format (I am a list girl, after all).
- I graduated from college! One year later than planned, but who even cares. I literally almost missed my own graduation ceremony because of standstill traffic (a result of construction-related dynamite explosions on the interstate), but who even cares. It feels so good to be finished!
- I was in two car wrecks. One was with Tim, on a trip to Tulsa, and the other was alone (I officially wouldn’t wish hydroplaning into a ditch upon anyone!). Our car was totaled in the first wreck, leaving us with one car, and that car was severely damaged in the second wreck! But, my heart is full and I have zero complaints, because we are now driving two wonderful cars that we adore. SO thankful.
- I broke my wrist. This was a result of the second car crash. I don’t remember the moment that it broke, but I was 100% sure of its brokenness as soon as the wreck itself was over. PAIN! But, eight weeks later, I was totally functional again. Thank you, Tim Barnett, for washing dishes, opening my toothpaste, tying my shoes, and making my smoothies in the meantime.
- I travelled. Tim and I have been all over the place since I last posted. At least, that’s what it’s felt like! I’m mad at myself for failing to blog through it all! We’ve been to Snowmass, Gulf Shores, Fayetteville, Memphis, and quite a few trips to the Fort Worth area for work. Which leads me to my next point…
- I started an amazing job at Painted Tree! In March of 2015, my parents- along with their friends Mike and Emily- opened Painted Tree Vintage Market. It’s a community of creativity… hundreds of vendors selling home decor, clothing and more, all under one roof! It’s been such an exciting ride, and I am thankful to now work full-time at Painted Tree as Head of Marketing and Media! It’s a job that combines lots of things I love (fashion, home decor, social media, photography, people) while still giving me the chance to push myself and constantly be learning something new. I LOVE IT.
- I became a podcast person. This is more of a super recent development, but the obsession is real. I’ve just totally missed the podcast boat up until this point in my life, and now that I’m on it, I can’t believe what I was missing all those years! SO much FREE information, entertainment, and encouragement…all at my fingertips. Maybe I’ll do a post on some of my favorite podcasts soon!
- Tim is going back to school! Tim is headed back to school in a couple of weeks to get his film degree, and I couldn’t be more proud of him. He has three years behind him, but thanks to changes in the program he’s going into, he has about that much more time ahead of him. That was a shock, and a hard thing to swallow, but he’s pushing forward! Tim is so talented, has such an amazing work ethic, and I can’t wait to see what’s ahead for him!
So many more things have happened in the time that’s passed (dear friends got married, fun times with friends, I could go on), but I’ll go ahead and stop the list there so that you can move on with your day. I wanted to write at least that much, because this blog is a form of documentation that I want to be able to look back on years from now, and big gaps aren’t ideal (though I’m starting to wonder if they’re inevitable?).
Thanks for reading, friends. Good to be back!